Benefits of Different Colours in Infrared Saunas:
Infrared saunas utilise light wavelengths invisible to the human eye to penetrate deep into your body and deliver various health benefits. However, some saunas incorporate chromotherapy, where coloured lights accompany the infrared heat, adding another layer of potential benefits.
Learn the benefits of each colour and how it can improve your mood and health:
- Stimulation: Red is energising and stimulates circulation, blood flow, and heart rate. It can boost your metabolism and aid in muscle recovery.
- Detoxification: Red light helps stimulate the lymphatic system, potentially aiding in detoxification and waste removal.
- Pain Relief: Red light's anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce pain, particularly chronic pain and muscle soreness.
- Relaxation: Blue light has a calming effect, promoting relaxation and reducing stress. It can lower cortisol levels, your body's stress hormone.
- Sleep Improvement: Blue light exposure in the evening can help regulate your sleep-wake cycle, leading to better sleep quality.
- Skin Health: Blue light has mild antibacterial properties, potentially aiding in acne treatment and skin health.
- Mood Enhancement: Yellow light is uplifting and improves mood, promoting optimism and positive thinking.
- Mental Clarity: Yellow light can stimulate the mind and enhance cognitive function, improving focus and concentration.
- Digestive Support: Yellow light may stimulate digestive processes and improve gut health.
- Neutralising: White light combines all colours, creating a balanced and neutral effect. It can provide general well-being without specific targeting.
- Clarity and Cleansing: White light can offer a sense of clarity and mental cleansing, promoting a fresh start.
- Spiritual Connection: Violet light is associated with spirituality and intuition. It may promote mindfulness and self-awareness.
- Creativity and Inspiration: Violet light can stimulate creativity and imagination, enhancing artistic expression.
- Pain Relief: Similar to red light, violet light has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and discomfort.
- Healing and Balance: Green light is associated with healing and balance. It can promote overall well-being and physical recovery.
- Stress Reduction: Green light has a calming effect, easing anxiety and reducing stress levels.
- Cell Regeneration: Green light may stimulate cell regeneration and repair processes, potentially benefiting skin health and tissue healing.
- Emotional Balance: Magenta light combines the emotional aspects of red and blue, promoting emotional balance and harmony.
- Stress Relief and Relaxation: Similar to blue light, magenta can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Boosting Immunity: Magenta light may stimulate the immune system, potentially enhancing resistance to illness.
Remember: Individual experiences with chromotherapy may vary. Consulting a healthcare professional is recommended before using an infrared sauna, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.